The Distinguished Visitor Orientation Tour Program is a United States Security Cooperation Program that provides a country’s defense leadership the unique opportunity to learn about specific assets of the US defense establishment in order to address objectives specific to their own militaries and governments. DVOT delegations visit a variety of military installations, professional military education institutions, training facilities, and government organizations throughout the US to learn from experts on specific subject matters.
- Distinguished Visitor Orientation Tour (DVOT) - Intended for senior military officers, typically flag or general rank, or civilian equivalent holding positions of major importance or selected for such positions.
- Orientation Tour (OT) - Intended for selected officers or civilians who are destined for responsible positions in their country’s defense establishment. Senior officer is typically O-6 or civilian equivalent.
What is a DVOT?
- Hand-tailored, short, intensive training program developed to meet the defense and strategic needs of a country
- Familiarizes international military officers and civilians to types of training provided through US Security Cooperation programs including International Military Education and Training (IMET), Expanded IMET (E-IMET), Foreign Military Financing (FMF) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS)
- Consists of customized visits to military training installations, schools and government agencies where relevant expertise resides
- Provides an opportunity to address a particular topic of strategic interest to that country
- Provides a time-sensitive way for a country’s military and civilian defense leaders to receive the information that they need to achieve objectives specific to the country
- Includes field study activities to expose tour participants to cultural, social, economic and historical aspects of the United States
- Fourteen days maximum, excluding OCONUS travel time
MASL: B366006 - DVOT Mandatory Planning (non-refundable deposit - $5,000)
MASL: B366003 - DVOT Management (variable pricing – % of DVOT support total cost, minus the deposit)
MASL: B366004 - DVOT Support, includes all operational costs
MASL: B366005 - Orientation Tour Support, includes all operational costs for OT vice DVOT
MASL: B362000 - US Escort Officer
MASL: B181011 - OT Participants
MASL: B179923 - Interpreter
Scheduling a Tour
To inquire about scheduling a DVOT or OT, please contact:
DVOT Program Manager
Please refer to the following documents for additional information regarding the program.
- DVOT Worksheet
- IMET Waiver
- DVOT Desk Top Reference
- DVOT Sample Budget
- JSCET Chapter 12